TEXT PDF

CHARMEX

HISTORY CHARMEX

The history of Montres Charmex SA goes as far back as 1926. This was the year when Max Bürgin, the father of today's owner and CEO started his apprenticeship in one of the leading watch factories near Basel, Switzerland. His exceptional talents soon caught the attention of the management - he was promoted and eventually made head of the technical department. What he really wanted though was to have his own watch business, pursuing the traditional art of manufacturing state-of-the-art timepieces. His dream finally came true and in 1989 his son Manfred Bürgin together with his wife Kathleen joined the by then prospering company. 1999 their son Frank M. Bürgin followed and thus continued the family's tradition. Manufacturing bespoke timepieces using but choice materials of the highest quality remains the credo of Montres Charmex SA to this very day. The brand name CHARMEX OF SWITZERLAND® has for decades been a synonym for bespoke Swiss Made watches. Superb engineering and the use of choice materials only are a treasured legacy born out of a long tradition of craftsmanship.
Montres Charmex SA produces the CHARMEX OF SWITZERLAND and the SWISS MILITARY as well as the CX SWISS MILITARY WATCH lines. The brand names CHARMEX OF SWITZERLAND® and CX SWISS MILITARY WATCH ® are registered worldwide. Combining bespoke craftsmanship and superb quality with an elegant design is at the core of the Charmex philosophy. Reliability & precision describe best the credo Charmex has followed since the days of Max Bürgin, founder of Montres Charmex SA. Modern, high-end watch movements made in Switzerland represent a near century old tradition and are used in all Charmex timepieces.