TEXT PDF

CATOREX

FROM WHERE THE STORY BEGAN

CATOREX has a very special place in the world of Swiss watchmaking. Unlike other brands, CATOREX has a soul and can take pride in its inheritance of a long tradition. CATOREX is a brand with a long, traditional past. It is located in Les Breuleux, the heart of the Swiss Jura Mountains. The company is currently run by Guy A. Cattin who perpetuates and cultivates this proud mechanical watch-making tradition, while constantly striving to create new types of watches which adapt to the personalities, requirements and tastes of a very broad range of amateur and expert customers. This is why CATOREX watches enjoy an international reputation for articles manufactured with the know-how of professional watch-makers. Its story began in the 19th century with George Ignace Cattin, born in 1785, a watch-maker and farmer by trade. His only son, Constant Cattin, born in 1818, also a watch-maker and farmer, founded the CATTIN company in 1858. He had nine children of which the youngest, Numa Cattin, born in 1861, continued the manufacture of quality watches. The 4th generation was represented by his two sons, Armand Cattin, born in 1885, and Maurice Cattin, born in 1887. They were no longer farmers, but only watch-makers. The 5th generation, which registered the CATOREX brand a hundred years after the foundation of the Company, was managed by Guy Cattin, born in 1932 and his wife Wilhelmine.